Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Crinkle Cut Scarf

If you enjoy this pattern, please join me on my new blog,
 
 
 
 

Finished Size: 5”wide (point to point) x 54” long
Skill level: Easy

Materials Needed:
Caron Simply Soft Yarn, 4-5oz in desired color
Crochet Hook Size I
Embroidery Needle to weave in ends

Stitches used:
Ch: chain
Hdc: half double crochet
Sc: single crochet

Pattern:
Ch 16
Row 1: (hdc, ch1, hdc) in 3rd ch from hook, 2 skipped chs count as 1st hdc, * skip next 2c hs, (hdc, ch1, hdc) in next ch, repeat from * across to last ch, hdc in last ch, ch 2 and turn. 12hdc and5 ch1 spaces
Row 2-5: Ch2 counts as 1st hdc here and throughout, (hdc, ch1, hdc) in each ch1 space across, hdc in last hdc, ch 2 and turn. 12hdc and 5 ch1 spaces
Row 6: (hdc, ch1, hdc) in each ch 1 space across, hdc in last hdc, ch7 and turn. 12hdc and 5 ch1 spaces
Row 7: (hdc, ch1, hdc) in 3rd ch from hook, skip next 2ch, (hdc, ch1, hdc) in next ch, skip next ch and hdc, (hdc, ch1, hdc) in next 3 ch1 spaces, hdc in space before next hdc, leave last 2 ch1 spaces unworked, ch2 and turn. 12 hdc , 5 ch1 spaces
Repeat rows 2-7 15times for pattern, ending with Row 5, do not finish off and do not turn.

Border:
Starting down long side of scarf: Ch 1, sc evenly around scarf working 3sc in outer corners and 1 sc in end of each row. Finish off and weave in ends.

8 comments:

  1. misspelled "available"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for pointing that out. I don't know how I missed that!

      Delete
    2. That comment was bitchy and uncalled for. Personally, I'd like to thank you for sharing your talent. Can't wait to try it :0)

      Delete
    3. Thanks Deb. If you have any questions with the pattern, feel free to ask.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to crochet and I love your scarf. I am having a few troubles with making it though. Remember I am new at this :). My troubles start at the end of row 6. So I chain 7 then turn. Then on row 7 you have me skip three chains and then skip 2 more chains? Are the chains I am skipping the chains on row 6 or the group of seven I just made? Sorry I get easily confused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first skipped chains are going to be in the group of ch7 that you created at the end of row 6. Row 7 is where you will grow the scarf on one side and decrease on the other, creating the stairsteps. I double checked the instructions and didn't see an error, which I was originally afraid of. Whenever you chain 7 at the end of a row, when you start the next row, you will be crocheting into them. The next ch2 that you skip is after your first "hdc, ch1, hdc" cluster that you create. Of the ch7, you skip chs # 1 and 2, work cluster into ch #3, skip chs #4 and 5, work cluster into ch #6, skip ch #7. I hope that this helps to clear up the confusion. (When I say cluster, I am referring to "hdc, ch1, hdc".)

      Good Luck!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I will try it again. :)

      Delete